After a few hectic and trying weeks, I’ve decided to start keeping a weekly journal of the little (and big!) things that make me happy. Have a dose of happiness, every Saturday.
What has made me smile this week?
- My youngest wrapping up lots of his toys to give me presents.
- Finding out the name of a song that had been in my head for days that I recognised from childhood (Reach Out, I’ll Be There).
- Discovering the “Bohemian Jungalow” trend. This is a must for the new place!
- Having the flexibility to change around my work days when the childminder was ill. It’s what made me want to work for myself!
- Seeing my blog start to get more traffic from social media – a sign I’m doing things right!
- Creating a new website for my fiance’s gardening business in Cardiff.
- Seeing my grandmother (who has been in hospital for a week) make some improvements.
- Ordering my new phone and saving a small amount each month.
- Getting the new Crash Bandicoot game for the PS4. Let the nostalgia commence!
- Having a productive start to the week despite having a lot going on. It did taper off towards the end, but I still managed to get quite a bit done.
One challenge I overcame.
Earlier this week I found out that my old blog had been cloned. There are no ads or contact details – with no obvious way to make money, I’m not sure why they’ve bothered! I managed to overcome my initial panic and take steps to get it sorted. If your blog ever gets cloned, check out this post by The Pigeon Pair and Me. Nell’s advice has been very helpful.
Three things I’m looking forward to next week.
- Spending time with good, community minded people at the Cardiff Taffs trading session tomorrow.
- Seeing Granny get well enough to go home.
- Making my goals for July in my journal – to include slowing down.
What made you happy this week?