After a few hectic and trying weeks in June, I decided to start keeping a weekly journal of the little (and big!) things that make me happy. Have a dose of happiness, every Saturday.
What has made me smile this week?
- Buying lots of vegan goodies at the Welsh Vegan Festival in the Tramshed last Saturday.
- Discovering the dazzling Petunia Nightsky outside the Tramshed. It’s definitely a flower I want in my garden next year!
- Enjoying a romantic, child-free evening on the weekend and (more importantly) a lie-in the following morning.
- Planning how we are going to move Ian’s stuff here. Extra big smiles for this one!
- Trying Violife halloumi for the first time.
- Being confirmed as a speaker for Green Gathering 2017.
- Having a productive day working on my business with my glamorous assistant Ian making me tea, helping with admin and fetching me chocolate on a rare day off.
- Chatting to Granny on the phone. She’s getting much better, which is a big relief!
- Getting the camping equipment sorted for Green Gathering waaaaay ahead of schedule. I love being organised!
- Cuddling my boys after they’d been with their father for a week.
One challenge I overcame.
We’ve had a few big expenses recently and funds were beginning to get tight. I sat down and worked out all the ways we could cut our expenses to prevent things from getting unmanageable. The very next day someone contacted me to do some writing work for them. It’s not much, but it is ongoing and it will keep the wolf from the door. There are also more brand collaborations coming in as my stats begin to rise. Leaving the coffee shop for this wasn’t easy but I’m determined to make it worth it!
Three things I’m looking forward to next week.
- Getting to experience my new teepee, which will save us having to bring three separate tents.
- Tasty vegan food, mind food and soul food at Green Gathering 2017!
- Shutting off from the world for a bit and just being relaxed.
What made you happy this week?