After a few hectic and trying weeks in June, I decided to start keeping a weekly journal of the little (and big!) things that make me happy. Have a dose of happiness, every Saturday.
Phew, it has been a manic summer! I haven’t been able to update this for a while, so this week’s Little Happy Journal will actually be for the best bits in August. Oops! Normal service shall resume from now.
What has made me smile?
- We had an amazing time at Green Gathering this year. Even though the boys left early to go to their dad’s (they were fed up of the rain, who can blame them?) we still managed to have quality family time with all of our children.
- Ian moved in! It was a crazy time, but friends and family helped us and the dust is starting to settle.
- It was my birthday at the end of the month.
- I’ve really enjoyed playing Fallout 4, one of my birthday presents.
- Ian and I had a moving in/birthday get together on my birthday. I put on a vegan buffet which was a big success!
- Reading through the sessions on the BritMums Live website and planning my day.
- My new KeepCup has made my mornings so much easier. Usually I don’t get to finish a cuppa before the school run. Now I just make my morning cuppa in the KeepCup and take it with me!
One challenge I overcame.
My biggest challenge was taking it slow and making time for me. By the end of it I was pretty snappy and frazzled! I’ve found that by being so busy, I missed out on the little things. I’m determined to make more time for this.
Three things I’m looking forward to next week.
- Practicing the ukelele with Rhian.
- Finding my feet again after a manic summer.
- Preparing for our weekend in London for BritMums Live 🙂
What made you happy this week?