After a few hectic and trying weeks, I’ve decided to start keeping a weekly journal of the little (and big!) things that make me happy. Have a dose of happiness, every Saturday.
What has made me smile this week?
- Viewing a new home with my future husband.
- Seeing my home educated daughter decide to walk to the childminder by herself.
- Making a “guide” to BritMums and seeing it help people other than myself.
- Helping to promote National Clean Air Day, knowing that these changes can make a big difference to our health.
- Lovely cuddles with my sons.
- Getting praise for a regular newsletter I write for a client.
- Spending some time in the sun.
- These dark chocolate & ginger cornflake cupcakes.
- Ian suggesting I play on the Xbox to relax after a busy day.
- Holding a stranger’s baby so she could fold her pram to get on the bus. Cuteness overload!
One challenge I overcame.
I handled a difficult discussion with a teacher about my son’s behaviour well, explaining that there are outside influences to his behaviour at school and that I am doing everything I can to help. I also sat said son down for a chat about what had happened later on in the day and I feel like I made some progress. It can be very difficult for children when separated parents don’t agree!
Three things I’m looking forward to next week.
- Making more progress towards our new home. I’m sure this is the home for us. It’s not very flashy but it’s in the area we want to live in and it’s within our budget. We’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Cross everything!
- Spending plenty of time in the sun during what looks like it will be another mini-heatwave. Yes please!
- Continuing to have a great time with the people I love.
What made you happy this week?