What do you do when you need help?
The last week has been a crazy one again! Not long after I posted the last linky, I found out my email inbox wasn’t working. Then other tech stuff crept in. It took me three days to fix – three days that should have been catching up from the week I had off to recover from my bad back. Deep breaths were had, and at the end of it all, a bottle (and a half) of good red wine.
I didn’t get through the week alone – I hired a VA to help me catch up, bribed my daughter to help with the housework and had a long chat with my mum to offload all the stresses of the last few weeks. At the weekend, we went to the RHS Show in Cardiff (post coming soon). Spending the day surrounded by sunlight, family and plants was just what I needed to reset.
My favourite post from last time was 17 Tips for a Calmer Mind from Nicky over at Spinnin Plates. I have very much needed to read that post this week!
The Little Happy Journal Live
Three things that made me happy: Sunshine, time with the family and hiring a VA!
What challenged me and what I did about it: Feeling rushed at the start of the week after I realised how much I had to do. I delegated blog stuff to a VA and housework to my 12 year old, and spent the week doing a bit of both.
What I’m looking forward to this week: having lots of cuddles with my boys who are back from their father, the “Mediterranean” weather which hasn’t yet materialised, and foraging for wild garlic in my local nature reserve.
This week, focus on: Asking for help when you need it. It’s not a weakness and it can help you get on top of things.
Want to join in? Here are the rules!
- You can share up to three posts a week. They don’t all have to be your posts, but please tweet the author of the posts you add to let them know.
- I’d love it if you told me your three things in the comments!
- All posts must have written link to this post which can be no-follow if you prefer. A new badge is on the way!
- You must comment on at least this post and the post before yours.
- Every week I will share my favourite posts.
- Share on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #TheLittleHappyJournal and tag me @theincrediblog and I will RT/share.
- Want to add your own linky? That’s fine!
- All posts should have a happiness/mindfulness/motivational edge. Favourite recipes, travel etc also welcome – if it makes you happy, share it with us!
The linky will be live every Tuesday 9am and will stay open until the next Monday at 11:55pm.