National Vegetarian Week is from 15th-21st May. It’s all about trying new things and celebrating delicious vegetarian food. If you’re looking to cut down on your meat consumption, these 7 meals will get you off to a great start. Already veggie? Invite a few omnivore friends around for tea to win them over.
My 7 Favourite Vegetarian Meals
- Refried Bean Enchiladas from Amuse Your Bouche. I love this blog – if you love to cook and are vegetarian or are looking to cut down on your meat consumption, this is your lady! This is one of her simpler recipes (image above – it’s her image not mine). It is delicious.
- My Vegan Vegetable Curry is one of my staple meals. This recipe is very cheap, tasty and easy to make.
- Spicy Tomato Baked Eggs from BBC Good Food. I’ve been making this in various ways for a while now and it never fails to satisfy. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to wait for it to cool a little before shoving it into my mouth – it’s so good it burns!
- Jacket potato with cheese and beans. Possibly one of the most simple vegetarian staples ever and an amazing comfort food. Yum.
- I first made my Root Veg and Rosemary Soup when I was snowed under with the worst cold I have ever had. The soup really helped ease my symptoms for the day which was a sweet relief when the cold lasted almost 12 weeks.
- Veggie Chilli Dogs from Tesco RealFood. OMG. I don’t know which genius created this but I would really like to shake their hand. Swap their chilli recipe for your own leftovers for an easy way to keep on top of the food waste.
- Parsnip-Hazelnut Soup from Ovoo Et Vous. I found this recipe years ago, hoping to create a bit of Disney magic in the kitchen. The kids didn’t think much of it, but I was hooked. Since then I have tweaked the recipe here and there – at some point I will blog the results. Until then, try making this!
What are you waiting for?
Just writing this post has made me hungry. Go and try some of these recipes now! I’m going to have the veggie chilli dogs later on this week.
What are your favourite vegetarian recipes? Don’t forget to like, share and comment below using the hashtag #NationalVegetarianWeek!