Don’t read this post if you’re on a diet. You’ve been warned.
Christmas is just around the corner and Christmas means Baileys. The creamy, delicious Christmas staple has vegan groups everywhere asking “what can we drink that tastes exactly like this?”. The answer, of course, is nothing. Especially not that M&S coconut atrocity!
The closest thing we’re getting is Baileys Almande, which doesn’t bother me because it’s amazing. It smells a lot like popcorn (which was the inspiration for this freakshake btw) and when chilled can be knocked back in dangerous amounts. People who don’t like Baileys Almande are weird. Don’t trust them.
The Baileys Almande Freakshake. You’re welcome.
This takes liquid food to a more heady, delicious level. This is better than any Christmas cake, any mulled wine, basically any festive calorie-laden dessert or drink you can think of. I don’t know how many calories are in this naughty, naughty boy. What I do know, is that I don’t care. If I have to eat salad for the next week, it will have been worth it.
Make it without Baileys Almande for the kids. In fact, add your Baileys Almande discreetly and pretend you’re being good. No-one will know. It’ll be our delicious little secret.
- Baileys Almande
- Vegan milk of choice
- Vegan squirty cream
- Sweet Freedom chocolate or chocolate caramel syrup
- Vegan marshmallows
- Frozen bananas or a vegan vanilla ice cream
- Sweet and salted popcorn
- Slowly squeeze your syrup of choice around the rim of the glass.
- Blend together your frozen banana or ice cream, Oreos and vegan milk.
- If having hot, gently warm the drink in a milk pan before adding your desired amount of Baileys Almande and pouring into your glass.
- If having cold, add your desired amount of Baileys Almande and pour into the glass.
- Add your toppings in whichever way you prefer – there is no right or wrong way with a freakshake!
- Too cold for a cold drink? Gently heat the drink (sans Baileys) in a milk pan, pour into your mug then add Baileys and your toppings.
- This works with all sorts of toppings. Experiment and see what works well for you!