Who said being vegan couldn’t be easy? This child-friendly dessert is about as easy as it comes. With smooth dark chocolate and fiery crystallised ginger, these vegan cornflake cupcakes are the perfect comfort food for all ages.
- 100g vegan dark chocolate (I use 85%)
- Several generous handfuls of cornflakes
- 50g crystallised ginger
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Stir gently until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Stir in the cornflakes and ginger, gently crushing the cornflakes into smaller pieces with the spoon as you go..
- Pack the cornflake mix into some cupcake cases and refrigerate until solid.
- If the kids find 85% chocolate too bitter, try using a 70% chocolate instead. It’ll be sweeter and usually still vegan.
- Supercharge your cupcakes by sprinkling in some chia, shelled hemp or flax seeds.
- Reduce waste by cutting them into bars instead of using cupcake cases – simply pack the mixture into a baking tray and refrigerate in the usual way.
- Mix up the toppings! Ginger is my favourite but dried cherry would be delicious too.
What do you want to put on your cornflake cupcakes? Let me know in the comments.