Who said being vegan couldn’t be easy? This child-friendly dessert is about as easy as it comes. With smooth dark chocolate and fiery crystallised ginger, these vegan cornflake cupcakes are the perfect comfort food for all ages.
- 100g vegan dark chocolate (I use 85%)
- Several generous handfuls of cornflakes
- 50g crystallised ginger
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Stir gently until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Stir in the cornflakes and ginger, gently crushing the cornflakes into smaller pieces with the spoon as you go..
- Pack the cornflake mix into some cupcake cases and refrigerate until solid.
- If the kids find 85% chocolate too bitter, try using a 70% chocolate instead. It’ll be sweeter and usually still vegan.
- Supercharge your cupcakes by sprinkling in some chia, shelled hemp or flax seeds.
- Reduce waste by cutting them into bars instead of using cupcake cases – simply pack the mixture into a baking tray and refrigerate in the usual way.
- Mix up the toppings! Ginger is my favourite but dried cherry would be delicious too.
Want to save yourself some time? I hear these iChoc bars are absolutely delicious.