Pizza Quesadillas were one of my go-to lunches when my sons were small. It was familiar enough for the boys to enjoy yet different enough for me to feel sane. These vegan pizza quesadillas are handy to make in a batch and great for packed lunches and picnics!
Vegan Pizza Quesadilla.
- 8 white tortillas
- Tomato puree (double concentrate)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- Sugar or xylitol
- Dried oregano
- Vegan mozzarella
- Finely chopped fillings of your choice: olives, red onion, sweetcorn and spinach all work well.
- In a mug, combine about 3 tbsp of tomato puree with the same amount of water.
- Add 1/2 tsp each of garlic and onion powder, 1 tsp dried oregano.
- Add sugar/xylitol, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a tortilla with the pizza sauce.
- Add the toppings of your choice to one half before covering with some vegan mozzarella.
- Fold and toast in a sandwich press or on a frying pan.
Top tips – make your vegan pizza quesadilla your own!
- Try swapping the homemade vegan pizza sauce for a store-bought vegan pesto for a different flavour. It’s so much easier!
- Let the kids choose the toppings to give them some ownership of what they’re about to eat.
- Make a big batch the day before a picnic or long journey.
- This recipe is ideal for camping, picnics, packed lunches and just about any other lunch. You need this in your meal plan!
- We drizzled the quesadillas with a dressing made from hemp oil, vegan basil pesto and tamari. It was delicious!
What fillings would you put in? What’s your favourite vegan recipe? Let me know in the comments below!